With the holidays approaching, the stress levels begin to weight on me. Even more, when I think that I have friends & family in so many countries.
Shipping holiday gifts to my loved ones who are miles away can be a huge challenge for me. From getting the gifts there in one piece to keeping my budget under control.
Buying them a present may be the easiest part of the whole process.
The stress begins when I try to find a cheap way to send them their Christmas presents. The well-known delivery providers charge a fortune for just a small box and every year I feel that this hustle is not even worth it.
Probably you don’t know, but most of the time I end-up sending just a card.
So, are there any tricks to send a box full of books to my uncle & heavy cookware to my mom? You bet there are!
Making sure your holiday packages arrive at their destinations safely before Christmas shouldn’t drain your bank account or be a big hassle if you keep these tips in mind.
- Do your shopping online. Many online retailers will gift-wrap presents and allow you to include personalized notes and gift receipts so most of your work is already done.
- Choose the right box. To ship the gifts safely, be sure to package them in strong, sturdy cardboard boxes. Check the bottom of the box for a weight limit if you want your gifts to arrive safely.
- Use the right packing materials. Invest in some packing peanuts and bubble cushioning, especially if you’re sending anything fragile. Leave enough space between items in the box, and wrap individual items with double cushioning if necessary.
- Take the shake test: Be sure to pack it right. Use at least 1 inch of cushioning around the item—top, bottom and all four sides—to fill in any air spaces. There should be very little movement when you shake the box.
- Find the best delivery provider. This is my favorite part actually. I found my delivery provider on Shiply. I requested a quote from their 102,334 transport providers by using a simple form. I’ve read reviews, compared prices and chose the best way to send the gifts without any hustle and stress-free. FYI: Shiply has the lowest prices you can find. Up to 75% cheaper than standard rates. Mind blowing, right?
Sit back and relax. Enjoy a cup of tea or hot chocolate while your items are safely delivered by your chosen transport provider.
I hope you will enjoy my tips because they really work for me and they will save you a lot of money and stress during this gifting season.
If you have any other tips that you want to share, feel free to do so!