I’m a Sephora Play! subscriber since May of this year and so far I’ve been loving it! Sephora Play! is a monthly subscription box for only $10 + Free Shipping. Each month has a theme and diferent luxury samples that match the theme. So far the only full size product I received from them is the Beauty Blender – Blotterazzi, the rest of the products where samples or luxury samples .
You’ll probably say why would you pay $10 for samples when you can ask for them in the store. Well, what if I want an eyeshadow, or a lipstick, or a lip pencil? I know for sure that they don’t offer samples for those ( and if I’m not right, please let me know ), and come on, it $10 and you also get a cute pouch.
This month theme is ”The Eye Openers” so most of the products are for eyes!
When you open the box, the first thing you’re going to see is a fold out poster that has a list with all the products in the box. On the poster is attached a Sephora Play! card that is available only for those you are subscribed to this box. With this card you can receive a expert advice and 50 extra Beauty Insider points with any purchase!
All the products come in a nice white pouch/bag!
Now let’s get to the products:
- 1. Urban Decay Perversion Mascara – I think this is my third mascara from Urban Decay and honestly, I don’t like it! I hate it! My lashes look clumpy, like spider legs, and it also smudges & flakes. It’s a no-no for me!
- 2. Algenist Eye Renewal Balm – Never had this product, I’ve heard about them but never tried any of their products. I wished I got the Caudalie eye cream ( cuz there where 2 different products ) but….I didn’t. I know it’s a hype with this product but I didn’t try it yet. They say that this product should visibly reduce dark circles, puffiness and wrinkles because it has and anti-aging ingredient: Alguronic Acid! It’s also good for all skyn type!
- 3. Lancome Energie De Vie – Smoothing & Glowing Liquid Care Moisturizer – Didn’t try it yet and I’m really excited. They say is good for every skin type and it fights with dullness and dryness. This sample is almost empty so I don’t know if it will help me see some results, but I’m gonna give it a try and go to Sephora to ask for more samples.
- 4. Clean Reserve Warm Cotton – This is a perfume sample ( you’re gonna find perfume samples in all the Sephora Play! boxes ) and it’s like the worst perfume ever. It smells like straight laundry detergent! ? I wish my laundry would smell so powerfull but I think is a no-no for a perfume. If you love smelling like laundry detergent then this is perfect for you. I’m going to use this sample in the house on my carpet and pillows and that’s it! Not to mention the price for this perfume is $90 . WHAT???? Anyhow, the notes & style found in this perfume, are:
Aldehydic Ginger, Watery Ozonic, Mint Green, Pepper Floral Accord, Musk, Incense, Vetiver.
Fresh. Comforting. Nostalgic.
- 5. Sephora Collection Contour Eye Pencil 12hr Wear Waterproof – The color of this pencil is Love Affair , such a beautiful dark plum with neutral undertones! It’s pigmented, creamy, easy to apply, buildable but it smudges a little bit!
- 6. Make Up For Ever Artist Shadow – The color of this eyeshadow is I-544 Pink Granite. It’s a medium-dark taupe , full opaque and the texture is smooth, creamy and blendable!
- 7. Sephora August 2016 Bag/Pouch – The Eye Openers
Overall this month playbox was average. I love the Sephora eye pencil and the MUFE eyeshadow, and I’m also excited to try the Algenist and Lancome ( and I’m sad with the tinny quantity of the Lancome product 🙁 ). Two products are a no-no for me and I don’t recommend them!
What do you think of this month playbox from Sephora?
DISCLOSURE: I pay with my own money for the subscription! I’m NOT affiliated in any kind with Sephora! They DID NOT sent me this box for review purposes!